Mr. Tron earned his Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of Southern California Law Center in 1987, after earning his undergraduate degree from Harvard University in 1982.
Mr. Tron has practiced law for over 23 years. After finishing law school, he first worked as an attorney in Honolulu, Hawaii, where he was an associate at one of the premier firms in the state. He decided to return to Southern California and in 1990 began working for White & Case, a distinguished New York law firm. He left White & Case to be the founding partner of a bankruptcy and business litigation practice representing individuals, corporate and partnership debtors in reorganizations.
After gaining invaluable experience early in his career, Mr. Tron began his own practice in 1992, the Law Offices of Lanny M. Tron. Mr. Tron's practice over the next eighteen years allowed him to fully realize his passion for helping people at all levels of litigation. Through his practice he gained experience and expertise in representing plaintiffs in all types of employment cases, typically wrongful termination based upon age/gender/race discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation and defamation, and whistleblower actions.
Mr. Tron has litigation experience up through trial, and including appellate practice.
In 2010, Lanny and his wife, Terry, formed Tron & Tron. Together they are an unstoppable team.
- California, 1988
- Hawaii, 1987 (currently inactive)
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of Southern California Law Center, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctorate. - 1987
- Honors: Honors Grades: Two American Jurisprudence Awards
- Law Review: Southern California Law Review, Member
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Bachelor of Arts. (Magna Cum Laude) - 1982
- Honors: Dean's List, 1980-1982
- Honors: Harvard Scholarship, 1980-1982
- Honors: Track and Field Letterman, 1979-1982; Team Captain, 1982
- Major: Sociology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ventura County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 1990 - 1994
Past Employment Positions
- Cades, Schutte, Fleming & Wright, 1987 - 1990
- White & Case, 1990 - 1992
- Law Offices of Lanny Tron, 1992 - 2010